- Defining the new Backoffice extension API
- Gathering/combining knowledge from the community and beyond
- Providing feedback, insights from past experience and inspiration for the future
- Building, evaluating and testing prototypes
- Helping with examples and use cases that can help improve the new API.
- Reviewing the RFC before it is released.
The team will, during Part 2: Defining the Extension API, function as a sounding/advisory board (about six months).
When entering Part 3: Rebuild Backoffice, the team will change focus into code contributions/review.
- Maintain the flexibility and extensibility of the new backoffice
- Ensure a user-friendly backoffice in line with modern best practices
- Launch an RFC describing the new extension API.
- Map out the current extension API and review prototypes and plans for a new API.
Meet the team
HQ support and role
- Ensure transparency and visibility
- Provide coaching and training
- Provide financial support for travel and accommodations to participate in meetings and events
The Steward's role
- Coordinating with the rest of the HQ dev team and stewards of the other community teams.
- Managing the team communication
- Providing the necessary support to the team members
How you can contribute
The backoffice extension API project is just getting started, and we are still looking for inputs where the current API is not sufficient. We have opened a discussion board where you can share your ideas or examples where you had to hack around the current API to make the extension/user experience you wanted. All ideas and examples on the discussion board will be part of the conversation about what the new extension API should look like.