Umbraco Festivals are full-day events for all things Umbraco, organized by the community in different locations around the world, around the year.
Ready to join the festivities? Check out the Umbraco Festivals calendar.
There is a number of established festivals that are well-known within the Umbraco community, but we always encourage new Umbraco festivals in new locations. If you're interested in starting your own Umbraco Festival - awesome! Here's some information on how we can help you get started.
What support can you get to start your own Umbraco Festival?
Umbraco Festivals are a great way of building and maintaining relationships within the community and between the community and Umbraco HQ, and we want to help as much as we can.
Umbraco HQ will support the organizers of a given festival in accordance with these guidelines:
- The recipient of a sponsorship should live up to Umbraco HQ values.
- Umbraco HQ does not sponsor any events promoting competing products (add-ons, CMS etc)
- Sponsoring can only be agreed on before the festival takes place.
In-Kind sponsoring (can consist of):
- One or more speakers from HQ. A list of current HQ speakers is available here.
- Promotion through HQ online media e.g. newsletter, banner on Our, blog, twitter
- Umbraco swag e.g. stickers, t-shirts etc.
- Prizes eg. free seats on training, free Cloud sites, free nominative Codegarden ticket(s) (depending on the size of the festival), and other relevant.
- A free Umbraco Cloud project for the festival site and payment of the domain.
Financial sponsoring only in accordance with the general guidelines:
- Financial sponsoring is primarily given to help NEW festivals establish their brand and is given for a maximum of three(3) years.
- The financial sponsoring should make a difference - i.e. have an impact. And the amount is established on a case by case basis.
- Established festivals will only receive financial support for particular interesting Keynotes and normally the fee is shared with the organizers.
- It can be agreed that HQ places its training in connection to a festival - bundling of festival tickets and training tickets can be agreed upon between the organizers and HQ.
Brand and domain Guidelines:
- Must be used as the shape and the brand name (“U” in a circle + Umbraco).
- Logo color should be:
- Blue (#3544b1)
- White (#ffffff)
- Black (#000000)
- Logo shape must not be altered.
- The Codegarden name and logos are not to be used by anyone but Umbraco A/S for the annual Codegarden Conference.
- The Umbraco festivals are the only exception to the rule that no one can use Umbraco in the domain name.
- We appreciate that established festivals already have an established domain. For the new festivals, we provide domain and hosting for domains named: “umbracofestival.TLD”. (e.g. umbracofestival.nl)
- Umbraco HQ owns “umbracofestival” domains on the following top-level domains:
- If you already have an established festival domain on a different URL, we are happy to redirect traffic to it from the relevant domain mentioned above.